Categories
News

Atletico Madrid’s new signing Moussa Dembele, who is yet to make his debut, tests positive for COVID-19

Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid’s new signing, Moussa Dembele has tested positive for coronavirus, the club announced on Thursday.

 

“Moussa Dembele has tested positive for COVID-19. The striker is isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities’ guidelines and LaLiga protocols,” the club said in a statement.

 

“Our squad underwent PCR tests on Wednesday as recommended by LaLiga, in addition to the first weekly antigen tests outlined in their protocol. The PCR test showed that Moussa Dembele is positive for Covid-19,” it added.

 

The 24-year-old French striker had only joined the club last month in a shock six-month loan move from Lyon, and is yet to make his debut. 

 

The news comes a day after the club had announced that Joao Felix has tested positive for coronavirus.

 

“Joao Felix has tested positive for COVID-19. The striker is isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities’ guidelines and LaLiga protocols,” the club had said.

See also  Man breaks up with his wife after her mother refused him access to their children because he didn't greet her (video)

 

Two other players, midfielder Yannick Carrasco and defender Mario Hermoso also tested positive for coronavirus on January 30. 

 

Atletico Madrid currently holds the top spot on the La Liga table with 50 points from 19 games.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *